Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nick's Autobiography


My name is Nicholas. My Eskimo name is Ahluk. My birthday is on June 17th. I live in Kaktovik, Alaska with my family. I have one younger sister, Natasha. I have two older brothers, Nathan, Jr., and Nathaniel.

I enjoy eating traditional foods like tuttu (caribou), ducks, and ptarmigan. I also like to eat fruit like oranges and apples. I don’t like mashed potatoes, grouchy friends, or Mondays!

I am a good helper. I work with Sherry in the kitchen by getting juice and putting milk out. I also help clean up after activities that the school has. After school I work at the community center for Sherry. She says I’m a good helper.

Most of the time things are good for my family, but over Christmas my family got in a crash. We went on the side of the road and got stuck in the snow bank. We were stuck for a long time. It was a little bit scary.

My life is pretty good. I am proud of my culture and like to go hunting with my dad. When I grow up I want to be an artist. I’d like to learn to carve ivory and etch on baleen.

1 comment:

  1. Your crash sounded scary! Was everyone okay?

    I think it's very cool that you want to be an artist when you grow up. Maybe someday you can add a photo of some of your artwork on the site.

    Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete