Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jonas' Autobiography


My name is Jonas Robert Paul. My Eskimo name is Meyook. My birthday is on October 21st. I live in Kaktovik, Alaska. I have one older sister named Irene.

Anybody that knows me knows that I like whales. My dad is part of the Brower whaling crew. During whaling we celebrate whenever we catch a bowhead whale. I always help by bringing the maktak to the shack, taking samples with the biologist, and helping with the butchering. During school I love to read about and draw whales. My favorite to draw is the killer whale.

I remember catching my first fish and shooting my first duck. I am glad that I live in Kaktovik where Inupiat traditions happen. I like to whale, caribou, beluga, and ducks. I am proud to be Eskimo.

The scariest thing that has ever happened to me was when I broke my arm when I fell of a ladder trying to get my remote control car. Another scary time was when I got bit by my uncle’s dog.

I like living in Kaktovik, Alaska, with my family and friends. In the summer it is fun to go boating and we explore the tundra. In the winter I like to slide down the big hills and drifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment